Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: November 2005:
[aclug-L] Linux programmer wanted

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Linux programmer wanted
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2005 14:59:58 -0600

Hi everyone,

My employer, Excel Industries in Hesston, KS is looking for a Linux
programmer.  We also have an opening for a Windows system/network
admin.  If you're interested in either of them, please send a resume
to me ASAP.  Hesston is about 30-45 minutes north of Wichita.

Here are the details:

-------------
We're looking for a programmer.  This person would probably spend
about 60% of the time working on database applications for a Progress
(a 4GL database/language system) ERP system.  The remainder of time
would be spent working on other things -- everything from shell
scripting to CGI programs, LDAP integration, planning upgrade paths,
testing/integrating potential new products, and an occasional
VisualBasic task.  The person would also be expected to occasionally
fill in for our ops staff when they're busy/away.

We're looking for someone with programming and database experience, a
desire to learn, and a self-starter.  You'll probably be learning at
least 2 new programming languages plus a version control system with
this job.

We expect to train, but also want applicants to be able to learn
basics of new languages for themselves.

Almost all of the coding would be done under Linux or AIX, though
there will be work on Windows from time to time.  So *nix experience
is a plus, but not required.

We want to hire ASAP, so it would be ideal to hear from anybody that's
interested by Monday or Tuesady.

-------------
We're hiring a Windows system administrator.  This person will share
server administration (OS and some proprietary apps) with our other ops
person.  There is also desktop support as a part of this (also shared)
and some alternating on-call times.  We really want someone with
experience administering Windows 2000 or XP, but other similar
experience would be OK as well.  Any experience with Linux is also a
plus, but we'll train for that part as needed.  (This job is primarily
working with Windows, but there is some Linux work.)

It's a small 3-person department, so expect to be involved with anything
from network runs to printers as well.

It's pretty much a 40-hour week, with some occasional after-hours
overtime.  The job is in Hesston.

All the usual benefits, plus employee discounts on lawn mowers.

Plus, you can tell your friends you work at Hustler.

Drop me a note if you have questions, or send along your resume (and
references, if you have them ready to go).  We want to fill this ASAP,
so the sooner you get things to us, the better.