Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: March 2005:
[aclug-L] Re: Change of Location and Change of Direction

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Change of Location and Change of Direction
From: Pfunk Mallone <pfunk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 09:05:17 -0600

Hi, This is Eric (Pfunk is an internet persona I use). Sorry it took so
long to respond...I needed to figure out what address this list would come
from, so that I could add it to my email whitelist.

At 11:42 AM 3/15/2005, Dale wrote:
>(Also posted on Aclug.org website)
>
>At last night's (March) meeting we discussed whether Aclug should remain
>as a presentation group with occasional social events or whether to
>become a social club with occational presentations. While discussing
>this, we had an interesting tentative offer from Eric Dexter of the
>Wichita Eagle - that of a new meeting location.

I've yet to track down the Security Manager...he works nights, but I'm
thinking it should be ok. Next month's meeting I'll give the group a walk
through of the Eagle's systems, and do a *short* presentation on how we put
out a paper. This might be interesting to some...the rest of you...well,
take a nap ;-)

Other than that, I guess we'll just use the rest of the evening as an
informal social meeting unless something else comes up.

FWIW;
I use a whitelist system on this email address...any inbound email coming
from an address not on my whitelist, gets sent directly to /dev/null. The
only other way "around" the system is to include the word "Eric" in the
subject line. If an email fails either test, I'll never see it. I'm
explaining this, so nobody thinks I'm ignoring their emails.

--
The world's 225 richest people now have a combined wealth of $1 trillion.
That's equal to the combined annual income of the world's 2.5 billion