Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: September 2004:
[aclug-L] Sept meeting

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Sept meeting
From: "Mr. wiggins" <music_guy_sg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2004 13:06:00 -0500

I've only been to a few meetings, and I am still unsure about the soundness
of the group.  The meetings I have been to seem to display each member of
the group "bragging" about what he or she knows.  As a linux newbie (as we
all are), rambling on thousands of terms, distributions, etc is rather
intimidating to new members, like myself.

Sorry, that was just an observation from a new member.  I would like to
suggest a topic for the next meeting.  Everyone has to know how to work with
the linux kernel, and I am constantly struggling wtih configuring my system
correctly.  I don't want to have to rely on guessing everything I update my
kernel or install, so I would like to see a presentation on the
function/workings (in a general form) of the linux kernel.