Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: October 2003:
[aclug-L] Re: Vodoo 3 card

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Vodoo 3 card
From: James Lancaster <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 12:05:52 -0500

On Tuesday 14 October 2003 04:56, you wrote:
> Does anybody know if linux supports a vodoo 3 card, for all the TV
> functions and tuner functions?? And Does linux support DVD
> players/burners???

Yes, any semi-modern distro (rh 7.0+, heck probably even debian stable!) =
and=20
will be accelerated on anything using above XFree4 (and 3.3.6 if you do s=
ome=20
work)

Voodoo3s with TV tuners (meaning input) I haven't heard about. TV-Out can=
=20
work

Output (most of it is redundant on modern systems, almost all have tdfx=20
agpgart etc congiured)
http://www.iki.fi/too/tvout-voodoo3-3000-xfree

DVD players: yep, for video mplayer, xine, ogle, and a couple others, dat=
a,=20
it is used just like a cd.

DVD writers: depends on type but all will work (DVD-RAM is used just like=
 a=20
removable (huge) floppy read-write etc) DVD+-R is burned like a CD, as is=
=20
DVD-RW (though there may be packet writing) DVD+RW is used like DVD-RAM a=
fter=20
it is formatted.

James L