Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: September 2003:
[aclug-L] OT: audio amp and mp3 jukebox

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] OT: audio amp and mp3 jukebox
From: "M. Osten" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2003 10:26:58 -0500

This is way off topic, but I thought that maybe some one on list would
have a stereo audio amp sitting around collecting dust that they would
like to sell/trade.  Only needs to be a min of 35 watts.  Old and ugly
fine.

I also thought that this project would be of interest as it is pretty
geeky.

I need one to complete my mp3 jukebox:
http://www.bleepyou.com/pinball/Frankenjuke/

I used the original controls that came in the jukebox.  They were
momentary contact switches, however, due
to the matrix that they were set up, some were always open, and some
closed.
I wanted a closed state.  Out came the dremmel to start wacking at pcb
traces.  After about 20 minutes of sodering it was attached to the IPAC
(www.ultimarc.com).

The jukebox I'm using is a "Rockola Supersound", not terribely
collectable I
hope.  It looks to have been made in the 80's, and played 45's.

I removed the plastic song title card holder and found a LCD monitor and
took it to a
metal work artist friend of mine to have the card holder replicated out
of
metal with an opening and mounting points for the 15" LCD monitor.  The
replication is a perfect match.

I installed a wireless network card for it so that I can upload mp3's to
it
from the rest of my home network.

I've got enough harddrive space to hold approx 4000 cd's (which is only
limited by hard drive space).

I installed "cold cathoray tubes" (neon like) to go under the glass to
illuminate the monitor area, and I need to rig the power for all of the
existing lighting.