Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: April 2003:
[aclug-L] UPSs for sale.

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] UPSs for sale.
From: Carl D Cravens <raven@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 22:22:50 -0500 (CDT)

I have access to several _large_ UPSs that are being surplussed.  There's
nothing wrong with them... the company getting rid of them has decided
that they only want UPSs that can be networked via twisted-pair Ethernet,
and these only have serial connections.

I'm looking to see if anyone is interested, because of the hassle of
moving these things around.  I don't want to move them from the business
to a storage location, then find out that I have to find a way to dispose
of them because nobody wants to buy them.

They are Fortress UPSs.  They weigh about 50 pounds and are about the size
of a mid-size tower case.  I believe that they have five outlets, take a
circuit rated for 14 or 15 amps at 110v, and have a special plug.  (I
recall that they supply one amp less than they require.)  They'll run off
of a standard household circuit, provided it's rated for 15 amps, but you
basically have to dedicate that circuit to the UPS.  I can get specific
details if anyone is seriously interested.

The current batteries work, and replacement batteries are still available
and can be had for about $50.

There exists a Linux driver to monitor the UPS and shut down the system,
so they're quite compatible with Linux in that regard.

We're looking to ask about $20 each, you come and pick them up from our
church office on West St.  (The hardware is being donated to the church,
which we resell as a fund-raiser.)

--
Carl D Cravens (raven@xxxxxxxxxxx)
ANY system works with enough hammer thumps.