Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: March 2003:
[aclug-L] [announce] Thanks to the Install Day volunteers

To: announce@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] [announce] Thanks to the Install Day volunteers
From: ironrose <ironrose@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 09:05:45 -0600

I want to thank all of the volunteers who helped with the Install Day.
 Actually we had more volunteers than we had people who wanted to get
linux installed and I have heard that this tends to be normal.  Anyways
we had people with more expertise than I have to run a variety of
installs.  It turned out to be a low stress activity and it was a chance
to share knowledge about linux.

For the next install day, I would like for us to be more available for
students and have the Install Day at WSU, maybe in the fall.  Next time
we have an install day, we need to remind people that they need to bring
the monitor, keyboard, and mouse that they intend to use.  I know that
this is an inconvience, but linux creates specific configurations for
these devices and I don't have enough extra monitors, keyboards, any
mice to drag along with me.  Jon just happened to have some extra parts
and that helped out.  ~Anne :-)