Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: December 2002:
[aclug-L] Changing from PGP to GnuPG

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Changing from PGP to GnuPG
From: Robert Bottorff <robotto@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 18:42:45 -0600

i haven't looked into this much and maybe
you all discussed changing PGP keys as other
things like email addresses, organizations, etc., change
at the meeting 12/9 . . .

i was unable to attend.

and then shortly after there was a thread about
list software reformatting mime messages
ascii armor vs. binary attachment
and a cut and paste solution?

can a managed keyserver be integrated with a list server
application?

the keyserver software is free from keyserver.net as
long as the keyserver remains a free public service

maybe aclug could set one up as a public service

if there was a service like this available
i could revoke or disable my current pgp key
and roll to a GnuPG ( 'free' key ) much like
i can now, but i'd get to discuss it here
with you more knowledgeable folks first -- it'd
feel closer to home, i guess . . . .

did you guys discuss at the last meeting why it would
be desirable to move from a software application
with a patented algorithm to GnuPG?

i wish i hadn't missed the meeting as i've found
that my key dot asc file has a non-existent email
address and all the key dot asc files i had, all aclug
members, now have moved to GnuPG

so is the keysigning an every meeting event now?
if one shows up with one's key on a disk and a
photo id ?