Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: August 2002:
[aclug-L] Re: cable testers?

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: cable testers?
From: David Carmichael <dec2955@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 00:43:11 -0500

John -

Maybe I was shown the wrong way to test cables with a volt/ohm meter.. but
the way I was show.. required that you have both ends of the cable in your
hands... and the cable is already mounted in a wall.

I know that there are signal testers that have a transmitter and receiver,
that test both the shield and positive.

--David