Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: July 2002:
[aclug-L] Re: Quake 3 Arena for Linux $2

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Quake 3 Arena for Linux $2
From: Anne McCadden <ironrose@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 22:31:00 -0500

I'm not using the Linux firewall with tripwire right now.  I am using
the SMC 8-port router/firewall/switching hub with a printserver.  On my
gaming machine I wanted to have the automatic updates because I thought
that I would need it.  One the other computers I have tried to register
the RedHat and it gives me all sorts of errors, from that name &
password is already used, and others.  Why do they think I have only one
computer running RedHat when I switched from NT so I wouldn't have to
pay for a multi-user license?  So one computer gets registered and gets
updates, the other 4 don't.  I could setup other fake accounts with
RedHat, but why bother, and I don't know of another way around it.  ~Anne