Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: May 2002:
[aclug-L] Re: Radeon 32meg PCI

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Radeon 32meg PCI
From: Jonathan Hall <jonhall@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 19:07:18 -0500

In my experience, Radeon cards conflict with most CPUs and with most
motherbaords.  In other words, they are crap :)

Especially the PCI models which, as I understand it, try to somehow
magicially emulate AGP... and that gets gross.

The problems I'm aware of are also agrivated under certian operating
systems--most notibly, Windows 2000 and XP, if memory serves.

-- Jonathan

On Wed, May 15, 2002 at 04:26:32PM -0500, David Carmichael wrote:

> Due to motherboard conflicts (AMD Athlon + Asus/HP MB does not like the ATI
> card per a large number of newsgroup postings) I have the following for
> sale:
>
> ATI Radeon  PCI  32meg video card w/svhs out (+ svhs to composite video
> adapter)
>
> Paid new in December '2001:  $100.00
>
> Asking : $40.00
>
> I use to use this card on a 400mhz AMD K6-3 system for DVD software playback
> and the images were great!
>
> I had hoped to use this card in my new system.. but I could never get it to
> work correctly and started doing some 'Google' searches and found that I am
> not the only user that has troubles with this video card, CPU, and
> motherboard combo.
>
> It looks as if I will have to be getting a NVida based video card.
>
> --David
> 316-524-0246

Useless fact #7: Every eight seconds a woman gives birth.  (Sure would suck
to be her, huh?)