Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: May 2002:
[aclug-L] Fan Sounds Update

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Fan Sounds Update
From: David Carmichael <dec2955@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 14:18:27 -0500

This is an update to my question about fan sounds.

In this case / bare bones set up the floppy cable was cut as short as could
be.

The twisted wires that make the cable a drive "A" cable were very near the
CPU fan.

So I pulled the installed cable... and the strange sound stopped!

It seems that the crossover point was causing acting as a whistle!!

Can you say pucker your lips and blow....

Well changed the cable and the strange 'BUZZING' sound went away...!!!

Add this one to your list of strange things to check out on your 'PC'

--David