Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: May 2002:
[aclug-L] Re: Sendmail Config question

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Sendmail Config question
From: Jonathan Hall <jonhall@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 4 May 2002 23:42:24 -0500

Install postfix, then convert your coolniftyneato sendmail config to
postfix, and then never worry about sendmail again :)

I don't know how much coolniftyneaty stuff you have going in sendmail, but I
suspect that converting it to postfix will be easier that converting it to a
new sendmail config every time sendmail gets better.

-- Jonathan

On Sat, May 04, 2002 at 11:21:29PM -0500, John Alexander wrote:
> Ok,
> I've got one for the washed masses. I am running sendmail. I want to know if
> there is something that can take the heavily-modified sendmail.cf that I
> have now, and reverse-engineer it into a sendmail.mc that will generate a
> functionally equivalent sendmail.cf when put through m4. The reason behind
> this study in masochism is that I want to implement some of the newer
> feature that have come down the pike with regard to sendmail, but I don't
> want to lose all the coolniftyneato thingies that have taken me so long to
> get going!!
>
> John Alexander
> WorldCom
> Senior Network Engineer I
> MM NETS (Network Engineering Technical Support)
> http://nets.wcomnet.com/
> V737-8471
> 1-800-PAGE-MCI pin 930-0285
> 316-684-8471
> AOL - jralexan1

"Airplanes are interesting toys but of no military value." -- Marechal
Ferdinand Foch, Professor of Strategy, Ecole Superieure de Guerre.