Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: April 2002:
[aclug-L] Re: question for old timers

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: question for old timers
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 09:22:28 -0500

On Saturday, April 27, 2002, at 07:32  PM, phrostie wrote:

> many moons ago  john (the roach) gave a presentation on video for linux
> and
> used a star wars parady that used a COPS theme and was done from the
> perspective of the stormtroopers.

Yes, it's great :-)

> does anyone remember where this came from?
> can it still be downloaded?

I have the original copy still -- about 80MB in size.

It comes from http://www.theforce.net/troops/.  You can still download
it there, but the files are a lot smaller.  Perhaps they've been
re-compressed with newer codecs, or perhaps they use lower quality
settings.  Dunno.  Anyway, if you want the original yet, I can probably
get it to you somehow.

-- John