Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: April 2002:
[aclug-L] technically correct

To: <Undisclosed-Recipient:;@complete.org>
Subject: [aclug-L] technically correct
From: David Carmichael <dec2955@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 02:32:25 -0500

Clear DayJOKE OF THE DAY

A helicopter was flying around above Seattle when an electrical
malfunction disabled all of the aircraft's electronic navigation
and communications equipment. Due to the clouds and haze, the pilot
could not determine the helicopter's position. The pilot saw a tall
building, flew toward it, circled, and held up a handwritten sign
that said 'WHERE AM I?' in large letters.

People in the tall building quickly responded to the aircraft, drew
a large sign, and held it in a building window. Their sign said
'YOU ARE IN A HELICOPTER.' The pilot smiled, waved, looked at his
map, determined the course to steer to SEATAC airport, and landed
safely. After they were on the ground, the copilot asked the pilot
how he had done it.

"I knew it had to be the Microsoft Building, because they gave me a
technically correct but completely useless answer."

David E. Carmichael

Southwestern Bell Internet:

Mailto: dec2955@xxxxxxxxxx

Home Page: http://home.swbell.net/dec2955/index.html