Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: February 2002:
[aclug-L] Loki Games @ Bestbuy

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Loki Games @ Bestbuy
From: Ryan Hunt <ryan@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2002 20:22:54 -0600

Saturday I was at bestbuy to pick up blank CD-R's when I took my usual
stroll down the isle with the linux stuff to see if they had anything new...

To my supprise they were selling Railroad Tycoon II published by Loki
for only $9.99, The box is covered with images of TUX
Since Loki is now out of business, and this is the FIRST linux game I
have seen any store have on the shelves I had to buy it, if only to show
bestbuy that a few people will buy this stuff if they offer it..
As many of you know, Loki stoped distribution of its games on the last
day of january.. I am quite supprised to see that best buy of all places
had it on there shelves.

I suggest we buy every copy in wichita and let bestbuy know that there
is a demand for linux games and various linux software on the shelf... I
found my copy at the west bestbuy and they had many copies gathering
dust. If anything buy the game to show your respects to the community's
best and only gaming company, Loki Games

System Requirements:
Linux 2.2.x (this product is not intended for use with any version of
windows!!!)
XFree86 3.3.x
Pentium 133Mhz and up
16mb ram