Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: December 2001:
[aclug-L] School needing Linux Help

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] School needing Linux Help
From: Clint Brubakken <cabrubak@xxxxxxx>
Date: 19 Dec 2001 10:17:31 -0600

If anyone can help him let me know

Clint

-----Forwarded Message-----

From: Ken Ratcliff
To: info@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: linux help
Date: 18 Dec 2001 10:07:29 -0600

I was wondering if someone in your organization would be willing to help out a
local high school set up a Linux box? My students are interested in learning
about this operating system. We are Metro blvd.  Alternative High School. My
email with the district is kratcliff@xxxxxxxxxx We have the boxed version of
Mandrake 8.1,but we are having trouble with video card, cable Internet behind a
proxy and system freezes.We think this is due to video card. The card is a ATI
rage 128 agp card. Harddrake detects it as a PCI card.
we are using a Pentium 3 machine.