Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: October 2001:
[aclug-L] Re: FW: Linux makes beautiful music

To: <discussion@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: FW: Linux makes beautiful music
From: "gLaNDix" <glandix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 12:27:31 -0500

> LINUX DESKTOP APPLICATIONS --- October 04, 2001
> Published by ITworld.com -- changing the way you view IT
> http://www.itworld.com/newsletters

thx for the forwards...  some great reading w/o having to give out my
e-mail address... : ^ )

on the topic of music, is anyone on the list using an Ensoniq AudioPCI
(es1370) sound card in their linux box?  I've been having nothing but
trouble w/ mine (poor sound via the post 0.4x versions of ALSA and
annoying "sound queuing" when multiple programs try to produce sounds
via ALSA and the kernel's SoundCore)...  I could definitely use some
tips!  I've got an old SB16 (ISA) from about 4-5 years ago I could put
in the system, but I like the Ensoniq card better (using the kernel
SoundCore I can change the LINEIN to a LINEOUT, and the care has 2 dsp
devices [to make up for the missing midi])...

any input is appreciated..

gLaNDix