Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: June 2001:
[aclug-L] Re: Ionex DSL

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Ionex DSL
From: "Arnold Cavazos Jr." <abcjr@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 09:31:43 -0500

On Wed, Jun 27, 2001 at 02:03:38PM -0500, Carl B. Davis wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I recently signed up with Ionex DSL service.  I'm having trouble with
> the getting connected and wondered if anyone else on the list has their
> service.  When I ask them the questions from the How-to about PPPoX or
> Bridged/dhcp their tech support just kind of says "huh?", then they
> suggest connecting a windows machine.
>
> I believe I have a true router from them as the preferred installation
> is as just another node on my network hub.  I however want to run it
> through my linux server and use the firewalling capability and ipmasq.
> I can ping the router from my 2nd Nic, but can't ping the outside
> world.  I think I have a routing or ip designation problem.
>
> Carl

Carl,

There are a couple of questions that you can answer that will help alot:

1.  What is the manufacturer and model number of the device that plugs
    into your hub?

2.  What address are you able to ping?

3.  What Windows/Mac software did Ionex supply you with?  Did they say
    that you _had_ to use it?

--

Arnold B. Cavazos, Jr.                           Voice:  (316)858-3000
Director of Sales & Marketing                      Fax:  (316)858-3001