Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: June 2001:
[aclug-L] Re: Port question

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Port question
From: John Reinke <jmreinke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2001 02:11:58 -0500

I don't know where it is on your distribution, but find where your
configuration files for apache are, and you should find the port number
settings in httpd.conf. Don't forget to restart apache so it will make the
changes (kill it sending the HUP signal).

On the second problem, you should read up on ipchains or iptables (if you
have kernal 2.4.x). There is info in man pages and at least one howto
(firewall) deals with that. It might actually be more secure to do things
that way, if that is the only computer directly connected to the Internet
(as a firewall), and the others connect through it. You really need to
learn about ipchans/iptables if you are at all concerned about security.

John