Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: June 2001:
[aclug-L] Re: init help

To: <discussion@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: init help
From: "John Alexander" <johnalexander@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 19:59:16 -0500

OK, log in as root. Type 'chkconfig httpd on' and 'chkconfig sendmail off'.
Not hard enough? Pull up /etc/rc.d/rc.local in vi. Go to the bottom of the
file, and add /etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd start. Then save the file and quit.
Then, go into /etc/rc.d/init.d and mv sendmail dontrun. Ignore any error
messages you see.

ja