Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: March 2001:
[aclug-L] Re: Regarding the install

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Regarding the install
From: Jeff Vian <jvian@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 22:53:39 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: "Patrick Klee" <drwho@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <discussion@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2001 5:41 PM
Subject: [aclug-L] Regarding the install

> Hi,
>     I was wondering can I come for the install and help install Red Hat
> and SuSE?  I have Linux on my computer, but I wouln't mind  installing
> and helping out.  I also have FreeBSD 4.2, but unless someone can figure
> out how to install it, I can't do it.  :-/
>     I have Redhat 6.2 because IMHO 7.0 is buggy and quits working if you
> don't download a patch.  Also, I have SuSE 6.4.

I have been running RH 7.0 for several months, and never had a problem.  The
fixes are out for a lot of things, and it is not limited to redhat.  for
example, bind (used in all distributions) has a fix out for a security hole.

I like the ease of installation and operation, as well as the ease of
applying patches when necessary.