Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: March 2001:
[aclug-L] Re: gnu substitute for stdarg.h?

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: gnu substitute for stdarg.h?
From: Tom Hull <thull@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 23:15:27 -0600

Lars von dem Ast wrote:

> I'm reading a C++ book that uses stdarg.h to implement variable
> arguments in functions. The book was probably meant for Windows-land,
> because I can't find stdarg.h in gnu-land /usr/include/... Does anybody
> know if gnu C/C++ has such a beast?

Of course, <stdarg.h> is part of ANSI C. Problem with grepping /usr/include/*
is that the GNU header files are somewhere else. On my machine:

  /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/egcs-2.91.66/include/stdarg.h

Your mileage may vary. I got this by writing a one-line file:

  #include <stdarg.h>

then running cc -E on it.

slocate may also work.

/*