Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: February 2001:
[aclug-L] ftwalk update

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] ftwalk update
From: Tom Hull <thull@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 21:29:53 -0600

FYI, I've updated the ftwalk web pages on sourceforge:

  http://ftwalk.sourceforge.net/

Nicest thing is the on-line manual. Ftwalk is an awk-family script
language, which attempts to provide script-level access to the entire
Linux API. It's mostly useful for prototyping and debugging programs,
some system administration tasks, and as a fancy calculator.

I've only been able to support this sporadically over the last few
years, so it's tended to drag behind the times, and doesn't benefit
from the added eyes and brains that open source software projects
aspire to. However, if any of you would like to tackle a good sized
project, I'd welcome your interest and help you learn the ropes.
It's debatable how important, in the grand scheme of things, Ftwalk
really is, but at the very least it would be a superb educational
exercise. The code is C++, pretty dense, about 35K lines (counting
semicolons, brace pairs, # lines; about 65K wc -l). Let me know.
Thanks.

--
/*
 *  Tom Hull * thull at kscable.com * http://www.ocston.org/~thull/