Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: February 2001:
[aclug-L] Re: Someone tried to send us a virus..Listar stripped it

To: <discussion@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Someone tried to send us a virus..Listar stripped it
From: Carl D Cravens <raven@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 12:25:35 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 12 Feb 2001, Burt Humburg wrote:

> I disagree. There are always idiots/unfortunates who get caught by a nasty
> virus. It could happen to anyone, myself included. Which means, of course,
> that just being a member of a listserv of computer geeks does not prevent
> the possibility of a virus attack.

I wasn't saying that it would prevent people getting virii, just that it
would help reduce the amount of *garbage* we see on this mailing list.  I
get enough spam without having a mailing list supply me with more.

(Though the Seven Dwarfs stuff probably came from a subscriber, since it
mails itself to known addresses.  I dunno, I've probably seen twenty
copies of this thing in my spam folder by now.)

And for what it's worth, none of them come from hahaha@xxxxxxxxxxx...
that's a bogus from-line.

--
Carl D Cravens (raven@xxxxxxxxxxx)