Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: January 2001:
[aclug-L] Re: Holy crap! Antitrust is a Linux move!?

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Holy crap! Antitrust is a Linux move!?
From: Jonathan Hall <jonhall@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 02:48:53 -0600

Too bad they had to turn it into Hackers meets Microsoft.  I think a good
movie COULD be done about software and antitrust issues... heck, that's the
most "exciting" thing (from an a movie plot standpoint) that's really ever
happened in the world of computers.  It's just a shame they have to mess it
up with stupid lingo that no 'real' computer programmer would ever use, and
stupid graphics and violence that never happen.

Us computer guys don't fight with guns... nor do we fight by draining money
from people's bank accounts like The Net or Hackers would have one believe.

We fight on IRC and on usenet by seing who can be the most insulting without
using a swear word that will get them banned!  :-)