Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: November 2000:
[aclug-L] Prodigal Son Returns after "A Deeper Shade of Blue" Appears

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Prodigal Son Returns after "A Deeper Shade of Blue" Appears
From: Lars von dem Ast <mrprenzl@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2000 23:39:53 -0600

Worried sick about making a living in the computer field, I decided
earlier this fall to take the plunge: I bought and installed Windows
Server 2000, grabbed some Windox and tried to learn something. With
wife, mortgage, and two new ones, I thought it was the right move.

They say you get used to the smell, but I never really did. I got a new
job, to be sure, in a Windows/Citrix shop, but before I knew it I was
pitching Linux for Web and database to my new employers. Then tonight as
I was trying to install cygwin (amazing stuff!), I got the BLUE SCREEN
OF DEATH! Has anyone seen the Win2000 BSOD upgrade? It's not the old
bright blue, but a deeper shade of blue (just like the song). Quite an
omen for this pagan. Anyway, I'm back...if you'll have me....

LvdA