Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: October 2000:
[aclug-L] Question on Debian 2.2

To: ACLUG_DISCUSSION <discussion@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Question on Debian 2.2
From: Maverick Ieong <mluvw47@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 09:05:43 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, All
   I got a machine and tried to install Debian 2.2 on
it, I have serval question after install,

1)Modules: when I do a lsmod, I found out that there
is three modules I accidently install on it, but that
is wrong,
serial, lockd, sunrpc, unix
I don't think I need those modules, when I tried to
use
modconf, it complain "Device is busy or Resource in
use",
Can anyone tell more what are these modules and how
can I take it away when I boot? I check
/etc/modules.conf
they are not in there.

2)3 button Mouse: I have a PS mouse with 3 button, the
mouse works fine on Console, it has a link
/dev/mouse -> gpmdata
, the middle button can copy and paste. But when I
tried to get into X86Setup to setup my mouse as
/dev/psaux and PS2 protocol, the mouse seems totally
lose control. If I use /dev/gpmdata and Mircosoft as
my protocol, the mouse works fine on X-windows, except
the middle button does not work (it works when I check
the emulate 3 button, but I have pass two buttom).

3) Advance Power Management, I would like to setup my
machine when I key the command /sbin/poweroff to
shutdown the power.
I gave that command, my machine will show "Power off",
and the end of shutdown procedure.

TIA
                             Mav

=====