Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: October 2000:
[aclug-L] NE2K-PCI problem

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] NE2K-PCI problem
From: Rashmi Javeri <rashmi_j@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 01:57:23 -0700 (PDT)

Hi
        I have some problem with network speed,i have windows(2000) and
linux installed on my computer, when i download any file or telnet any
application for that matter works fine (no packet loss) in windows, but
when i boot linux the speed become terribly slow. For example when i
download file from LAN (we have LAN and university is connected to
Internet thru gateway) it shows 400-800 KBps in windows, but in linux it
becomes too slow and shows 200 bytes/sec, thats big difference. Can you
please help me out.

my network card: NE2000-PCI,RealTek 8029

-regards
rashmi