Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: September 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: Changing console mode!!!

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Changing console mode!!!
From: gLaNDix <glandix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 05:00:24 -0500 (CDT)

slack has a 'fontconfig' program that allows you to chose your font /
font size...  not sure about other distros....

gLaNDix

On 28 Sep, Mohammad Islam wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How can I change the console mode to something (say 80x30, or 80x40)
> other than 80x25? Also how can I change the console font?
>
> I found setterm but but i was only able to change the foreground and
> background color! :(
>
> Any help would be appreciated!!
>
> Thanks.
>
> Moe

<<< Linux lloydix 2.2.16 #3 Thu Jun 22 15:43:36 CDT 2000 i586 unknown >>>

Bart: Police officer!?  Well I'll be jiggered!
Dr.J: Heh heh heh.  If you'd like to learn more, I could arrange for
      you to ride along in a police car for a night.
Bart: Hey, I don't need you to get me in the back of a police car.
                -- Bart reads his scientifically-selected career,
                   "Separate Vocations"