Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: September 2000:
[aclug-L] video drivers for sis video card in xwindows

To: <discussion@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] video drivers for sis video card in xwindows
From: "Michael Holmes" <maholmes@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 21:38:28 -0500

I just finished installing RedHat 6.2 and I know there is a problem with the
setup for the sis video card.  And now I can only get the lower resolution when
I hit <ctrl><alt><+>  I get a black screen. The xvga server is still active, as
if I put the mouse over something and increase the screen, and then click the
mouse , even though the screen is black, it will still start the application.
And, when I hit the minus, it will drop back down to the VGA resolution again.

I read a while back where there was a patch for the deal, as the setup script
installed the wrong SVGA server or something CAn anybody help.

Michael Holmes