Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: August 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: C programing problem

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: C programing problem
From: james <solosuze@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 03:26:34 -0500

Thanks for the help, but I figured it out on my own.
Heres the deal:

 subtraction(int cntr1, int cntr2){

  int numOne, numTwo, answer;
  int again = 0;
  char dummy = ' ';

  while(again < 5){
   numOne = numList1[cntr1];
   numTwo = numList2[cntr2];

   if((numOne - numTwo) > 0){

/* the addition module didn't have this type of loop, becuase i din't
have to worry about getting a negative answer.*/

    printf("\nWhat is %d minus %d? ", numOne, numTwo);
    scanf("\n%d", &answer);
    if(answer == (numOne - numTwo)){
     printf("\nYou are Correct, Sir!\n\n");
    }else{
     printf("\nhiii hooooo, you are WRONG!\n\n");
     printf("the answer is %d\n", (numOne - numTwo));
    }

/* By moving the incrementing of again to inside this loop, again is
only incremented when a problem is displayed; before again was
incremented every time through, even when the problem would produce a
negative answer and therefore not be displayed. */

    again += 1;
   }
   cntr1 = cntr1 + 2;
   cntr2 = cntr2 + 2;