Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: July 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: Warning about cheap Maxtor hds

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Warning about cheap Maxtor hds
From: james l <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2000 19:16:08 -0500

There were 2 problems.
1) my bios hates the drive, will not boot even when I say it is like
1023,16,63 or so. So I hide it Type=None, and let Linux handle it.
2) they didn't print the real number of CHS, or rather the Cylinders, instead
having their drive installation software handle it (which does not work with
Linux). I had to call them to find it, after waiting for an hour, while they
had training, or something.

I take most of it back, except the large, cheap and slow. And add that they
can't count, and print what it really is out.

James L.