Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: June 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: Programming questions

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Programming questions
From: Tyler Doubrava <tdoubrav@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2000 22:22:38 -0500 (CDT)

do a fork() which will create a child process. Then do an exec__() in the child
process.  (Underlines would be replaced with the specific type of exec you want
to do.

do:
man fork
man 3 exec
... for more info on these two calls.  Also, check out source to someone else's
program that does something similar to what you want.  Let me know if you need
more info.

Tyler

E-Mail: Tyler Doubrava <tdoubrav@xxxxxxxx>
Date: 25-Jun-2000