Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: June 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: Congrats for Jonathan

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Congrats for Jonathan
From: Nate Bargmann <n0nb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 06:28:04 -0500

On Wed, Jun 14, 2000 at 11:19:30PM -0500, Lrs v.d.Ast wrote:
> I just read Jonathan Hall's editorial to the Newton Kansan
> (http://thekansan.com/stories/061400/vie_0614000020.html). Home run. I
> live in Moundridge and "chafe under the boot of MTC oppression." I'm
> really fed up with MTC/Alltel. Sign us up, Jonathan. Where have I been
> all this time? Busy, very busy, but your letter has finally gotten me
> off my butt.
>
> Larry Bottorff

Yay for Jonathan!

At work we've recently had to deal with MTC and have them install
additional circuits into our radio site in Moundridge.  They had
to dig in a new cable as they had run out of capacity.  They wanted
to schedule a meet, so we agreed to 9 AM on a Friday (we had to
get our company's backhoe operator as his machine has a narrow
bucket to dig out between railroad ties).  We arrived at 5 till
9 to find the clowns already digging!  Apparently, they decided
we weren't going to show since we hadn't arrived by 8:45...

Suffice it to say, the clown that set up the meet time was the
one running their backhoe and he conveniently hooked into and
ripped apart the ground system for the building.  Then if I hadn't
stopped things, they'd have torn into the cable feeding the
crossing signal in town...Ahhhh the joy!

Go get 'em Jonathan!

- Nate >>

--

 Wireless | Amateur Radio Station N0NB          | "None can love freedom
 Internet | n0nb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx               | heartily, but good