Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: June 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: accessing

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: accessing
From: Thomas Wallis <wallis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 09:39:13 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 14 Jun 2000, martin wrote:

> how do i access a remote mainframe from my isp ? and could you tell how to
> write programs in dos to search for mainframes thank you

        If you are talking about IBM Mainframes, there is a 3270 emulator
(a good one) under LINUX called x3270.  You must have a working Xwindows
to use it.  To log into other systems such as VAXes and Suns, ordinary
telnet should work, or ssh for encrypted telnet (a good idea).

                                Hope this helps,

                                Tom Wallis

Disclaimer: All opinions expressed here are my own and not those of WSU.

EMAIL address:  wallis@xxxxxxxxxxx    wallis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx