Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: June 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: vmlinuz I forgot something else

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: vmlinuz I forgot something else
From: Michael Holmes <maholmes@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 02:50:41 -0500

Also boot up, and then mount your windows  drive
mount -t vfat /dev/hda# /mnt/windows
(you will of course need to have created a /windows directory in your /mnt
directory  (cd /mnt) (mkdir /windows) )
then copy vmlinuz from your /boot directory  *****that is copy--- not move******
It will have a string of numbers when you get to dos/windoz, get rid of the
extra numbers on the end.  You could name it anything, as long as you use the
exact same name when you type out loadlin.  The pathways are important on the
loadlin command AND ON  THE VMLINUZ NAME  ***INCLUDE PATHWAY***
loadlin is very cap sensitive.  Try 4 was over improper case.

--
Michael A. Holmes