Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: June 2000:
[aclug-L] Arachne for Linux is now available

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Arachne for Linux is now available
From: The Kurgan <Kurgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2000 20:20:26 -0500

I got into Arachne for my dos box and they just finished the final
stable build for it, but they also just released the Linux alpha, in
case anyone want's to check it out. It's pretty cool and I remember
someone in here asking recently about alternate browsers. Opera is
still the best, though!

Kurgan

Arachne 1.62 stable for DOS is available now.

(Saves 9 KB of DOS memory compared to version 1.61, and it is reported to
be more stable)

Arachne 1.62 _alpha_ for Linux/SVGAlib is available now.

(requires root privileges to install, kernel 2.2x, glibc 2.1, SVGAlib
1.3+, libpthread, libvgagl - all libraries are included in RedHat 6.1
Linux. This is preview release and it is recommended only for experienced
users of Linux. Newbies should wait for beta version.)

--
http://arachne.cz/
(Arachne WWW browser for DOS+Linux / Webhosting / MP3streaming)