Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: June 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: An Update...

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: An Update...
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 09 Jun 2000 00:47:07 -0500

Michael Holmes <maholmes@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Since I talked to you on there, I have never figured out how I got there, and
> what program or address I used.  If you could re-educate me I'd be thankful.

Sure.  (I assume you mean the IRC channel.)

You'll first need an IRC client.  If you use X, Zircon is good if
you're new to it.  You might also try xchat, which is a bit more
powerul.  If you are using text mode, try ircii or epic4.

When you invoke one of these, you will need to specify the server.
You can do this in graphical ones by typing it in.  On the text mode,
you'd do this:

irc maholmes irc.aclug.org

Where maholmes is your IRC nickname.  Mine, for instance, is
CosmicRay.

Now then, you'll be online.  To get to the ACLUG channel, type

/join #aclug

from that point, you can type on-screen to chat with people.

FWIW, the message to which you refer is:

John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                       www.complete.org
Sr. Software Developer, Progeny Linux Systems, Inc.    www.progenylinux.com
#include <std_disclaimer.h>                     <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>