Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: April 2000:
[aclug-L] read only

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] read only
From: bert <bert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 17:06:10 -0500 (CDT)

until recently i could write to my /dev/fd0
now, even with root doing the mount, i get:
mount: block device /dev/fd0 is write-protected, mounting read-only
when i look at mtab, sure enough it's got ro . . .

i'm not sure what i screwed up, but the next lilo boot fails
letting me know that fsck failed and i need to repair it manually and
reboot.

currently, the root file system is mount read-only --

the system says how to remount root to read-write, but how do i
repair fsck manually?

thanks for the help!