Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: March 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: sound config clues---please

To: "'discussion@xxxxxxxxx'" <discussion@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: sound config clues---please
From: "Bates, Rod" <Rod.Bates@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 08:52:28 -0600

> This may sound trivial, but just run sndconfig and let linux probe the
> soundcard for the necessary parameters.  Works great with my Yamaha board.

Watch out for sndconfig.  It doesn't know or care what resources
are in use by other devices and will arbitrarily choose any
that will make the sound  card work.  It broke my modem
configuration by taking the IRQ it was already set up to use.
Took days of manual diagnosing/configuring to get it
straightened out.  I hate PC interrupts (IO ports too).