Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: March 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: (no subject)

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: (no subject)
From: John Reinke <jmreinke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 23:46:33 -0600

I assume a null cable is another name for a crossover cable...

Hold the plug pointing upward, and the clip facing away from you (you
should see the metal contacts). The wire on the far left is number one.

Use the chart below. The number on the left side is the pin on the first
plug, and the other number is the pin it matches to on the other end of the
cable. 10BaseT really only uses four of the eight wires, so you can match
the other wires to the same position on the other end.

1 ==> 3
2 ==> 6
3 ==> 1
6 ==> 2

Remember to mark the cable somehow, so you don't use it as a regular cable.

John