Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: March 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: Linux PCs and Laptops

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Linux PCs and Laptops
From: Thomas Wallis <wallis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 09:32:17 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 1 Mar 2000, Patrick R. Klee wrote:

> I was wondering, where can I get Linux PCs and Laptops with
> pre-installed Linux?  Someone said LinuxStore.com but that site doesn't
> exist.  What are some good websites, or what would I look up if I where
> to search for them on like Yahoo! or something?

        Dear Patrick:

        I found a site a while back called linuxlaptops.com .  I have
never bought from them before.  One professor here in CS has a Dell
laptop, which I understand works with LINUX.  www.valinux.com sells
machines with preinstalled LINUX.   Other companies handle LINUX laptops
and workstations as well.   Different laptops have various graphics
chipsets, etc. which may or may not work with LINUX.  You have to do
careful homework before you buy, unless you buy one with LINUX
preinstalled.

                                        Hope this helps,

                                        Tom W.

 > > Cheers,
> Patrick

Disclaimer: All opinions expressed here are my own and not those of WSU.

EMAIL address:  wallis@xxxxxxxxxxx    wallis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx