Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: January 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: archived aclug-L

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: archived aclug-L
From: Nate Bargmann <ka0rny@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 17:45:30 -0600

On Sun, Jan 23, 2000 at 12:12:21PM -0600, bert wrote:
> does anyone have the link to archived aclug-L
>
> i'm trying to find it as i recall some notes
> on exim -- mandrake's 6.1 doesn't come with exim
>
> any pointers would be appreciated.
>
> thnaks!

Hi Bert.

I don't recall an Exim thread here lately (Although I had a nap this
morning :), but there was one last fall on the Debian Laptop list
that dealt with some configuration details.  As an extension to that
thread I've detailed my experiences at:

http://www.qsl.net/n0nb/linux/debiantips.html

The examples there work for Debian 2.1 and Exim 2.05, which is the
default installed version.  Beyond what I have there, I'm not much
help on Exim.  It's a nice program that had no problems with Y2K
unlike Sendmail 8.8.8 on this libc5 based Slackware box which died
on 11 January by having nameserver lookup failures, prompting me to
upgrade it last weekend to Debian 2.1.

- Nate >>

--

 Packet   | N0NB @ WF0A.#SCKS.KS.USA.NOAM       | "None can love freedom