Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: January 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: Old hardware

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Old hardware
From: Bob_Drennon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 07:07:33 -0600

Though they will be slow compared to modern stuff, I have a Microvax II (World
Chassis, about the size of hotel refrigerator) and or a Vaxstation 2000.
Make an offer.

|--------+----------------------->
|        |          jgoerzen@comp|
|        |          lete.org     |
|        |                       |
|        |          01/19/2000   |
|        |          05:13 PM     |
|        |          Please       |
|        |          respond to   |
|        |          aclug-L      |
|        |                       |
  |       To:     aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx                                         |
  |       cc:     (bcc: Bob Drennon/VCHS)                                      |
  |       Subject:     [aclug-L] Old hardware                                  |

Well, this is a bit odd question, but: does anybody here know where I might
be able to find some old DEC Alpha or VAX hardware?  I have hobbyist
licenses for OpenVMS that I'm just itching to try out.  While I do have
an alpha, I hate to take it down for this because it is my main server.
OTOH, I don't want to spend several thousand just to try out VMS.

Thoughts?