Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: January 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: RedHat 6.1 PPP Dialer

To: "'aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx'" <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: RedHat 6.1 PPP Dialer
From: "Bates, Rod" <Rod.Bates@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 09:03:45 -0600

I get the immediate segfault from rp3 too.  I went to the Red Hat website,
found an update which said it does this when dialing was already
configured, went to a mirror, downloaded and installed the updated
rpm.  It still segfaults immediately, just like the original one.

My wife's new computer came with Red Hat 6.0 preinstalled.  It has
the KDE dialer (kppp).  This worked great, once I read and heeded the
note that your /etc/ppp/options file must be present but empty for
kppp to work.

Red Hat has omitted kppp from 6.1. There are quite a few apps in the
KDE menus on RHL 6.0 that are gone in 6.1, some of which I would
like to have.  I am thinking of trying to install them on top of 6.1.
Maybe the rpms are there, but just not in the KDE menus

I also found the GNOME sound mixer on 6.1 doesn't show any labels
on the various volume controls, whereas in 6.0, it does.  Seems to
be some regression here.