Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: January 2000:
[aclug-L] Packet dropping

To: "Linux Help (E-mail)" <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Packet dropping
From: Marcus Merchant <Marcus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2000 11:55:20 -0000

I just added a Linux (Red Hat 6) to our exisitng network.  Our network
consists of 2 NT servers, and 2 Linux servers.  The problem I am having is
that this server is double Nic, but I am only using one currently.  The
reason is because before I had it running in the DMZ.  I brought it inside
the firewall, and am now having problems.  The problem seems to be that it
is dropping packets.  There is no IP conflict, and it was fine before.  It
is unbearably slow on the internet too, when before it was fast.  I have a
DSL connection and am using a WebRamp router for internet access among the
Pc's.  Every other PC is not having any problems including the other Linux
box which is still in the DMZ..  Any help that can be provided would be
greatly appreciated.  I am new to the Linux world so please be specific.
Thanks in advance

Regards,

Marcus Merchant
Network Administrator