Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: November 1999:
[aclug-L] Re: default screen for x configuration? (fwd)

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: default screen for x configuration? (fwd)
From: BobReinsch@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 16:38:58 EST

In a message dated 11/16/1999 12:47:14 PM Central Standard Time,
bobd@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< > I've had issues as well, with a reinstall to my S3 Virge DX video
connected
 > to a Compaq P70 monitor. Wierd stuff like having everything magnified.
 > Hopefully, I can overcome it later today, as I get my Xi Accelerated Server
 > package via Fed Ex. Needed it anyway to properly support a couple of other
 > cards I've had problems configuring. (Can you say 3dfx, boys and girls).
 >
 > Bob Reinsch

 Don't have any problems with my Voodoo Banshee card using Xfree86...

It's all kind of wierd, running several system with different resolutions and
different cards on that Compaq P70. The cards are no longer the issue, as
much as the monitor I think. I've finally found some interesting specs on the
monitor, but it doesn't seem to help as I still have this magnified view
under Gnome. It won't even boot KDE.

Wierd behaviour. Give it another ride tonight. Any suggestions welcome.

Bob Reinsch
MCT, MCSE, ASE, PSE
Read GEEK - And Linux Newbie