Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: November 1999:
[aclug-L] Re: Accessing Non Linux partitions

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Accessing Non Linux partitions
From: Jesse Kaufman <kaufmjes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 21:48:51 +0100 (CET)

i usually use vfat, so that the files stay in windoze's longfilename
format... otherwhise everything will be truncated to the eight-dot-three
format...

/dev/hd* depends on your system...  my windoze drive/partition is
/dev/hda1 (primary master)... i also have a windoze partition at
/dev/hdd1, which is on the secondary slave...  on that same drive,
(/dev/hdd2) is my home partition, and /dev/hdd3 is my linux swap...

jesse

"If we don't stand up to Micro$oft, who will?"
     - The Boycott Micro$oft Web Page

http://www.boycott-ms.org/