Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: November 1999:
[aclug-L] welcome, from the land of linux

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] welcome, from the land of linux
From: Jesse Kaufman <kaufmjes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 1999 22:12:25 +0000

hey, thanks to everyone who helped me setup my modem for use in
linux...  i've finally got it up and runnning in
linux!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now, i need to know how to config sendmail and fetchmail so i can use
them...  my old setup was to use sendmail to send my msgs, and fetchmail
to retrieve (so i can run WMMail.app to tell me when i have new msgs,
and use any e-mail client to read them)...  can anyone help?  right now,
i'm using WMPPP.app and the debian pon and poff scripts to connect...
is there a better/easier way?  what about demand dialing?  would that be
a good idea?

jesse

--
"If we don't stand up to Micro$oft, who will?"
     - The Boycott Micro$oft Web Page

http://www.boycott-ms.org/